Monday, November 24, 2008

The ball is finally rolling...

I am near the end...

I have 96 days until my terminal leave begins. I am thoroughly exited to enter this new phase in my life...as i continue to make my plans, they continue to evolve.

My hearts desire is to go with my sister to Ethiopia in March. She will be there finalizing the Adoption of Little O, and I have an opportunity to serve in a hospital that treats children infected with HIV/AIDS. This will be an incredible experience for me, and a huge help to the volunteer based organization Ahope. If you would like to learn more about the hospital and its mission, please visit the web site http://www.ahopeforchildren.org/. please feel free to donate, and if you would like to assist me in raising the money that i need for airfare, lodging, meals, and incidental expenses, click on the paypal link above and enter any amount.

I am truly excited about this opportunity, and would love for you to take part in this adventure with me.

andrew

2 comments:

Leah said...

Can't wait...I think this will be a life changing experience for you!

Watt Smith said...

Mad respect for what you are doing. Reading your blog has inspired decisive action in my life. If you are going to Addis Ababa, you will be very interested to visit "Awesome Videos". Here is the website:
www.wattsmith.com/awesomevideos
Have fun, guadenya. When you return, I'd love to hear the lesson you learned boiled down into one sentence.
Very few people listen to their inner voice, but almost nobody follows through on it. You are doing both. GOBEZ!