Monday, April 30, 2007

Will the war in Iraq be successful?

Many people are now asking if the war in iraq is going to be a success, and if not when should we cut our losses and move on. I do not profess to know the answer to that question, nor the patience to continue answering the question. I will, therefore, let someone else answer for me.
we have an interpreter that works on our installation that left iraq about ten years ago. he has been living in detroit since then, and he has been working for the US army here in iraq for about 2 years. He came to work in this country, despite living comfortably in america, because he believes in the freedom of the Iraqi people. it is his desire, as is the desire of many toiling on a daily basis here in this country, to see this war be successful. even amidst the violence of late, he is convinced that it is working.
The american people have been betrayed by the press since the beginning of the war. The American and International press outlets are only concerned with ratings and have sacrificed the true story of iraq to the neilson families across america. The press never tells about the public works projects like the water project in Jedallah, that has put pure water in the tap for the first time in history of this tribe. the press never tells about the power project at the Haiditha dam, they never tell about the rail project that is bringing the iraq railroad back on line for the first time in half a century, and they surely never speak of the phenomenal success of the Oil Protection Institute in protecting the oil assets of this country.
For your own sake, and that of the citizens of this country, write your congressman and tell them that we need two more years to teach the people of this country how to life free, and whatever you do, do not watch the news, they are only lying to you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts, I will write my congressman, and I don't have time to watch TV anymore, so no worries about the news. It is good to hear from you again. I will be sending the most recent photos of Cody so you show him off to your buddies. He is soooo cute! Growing everyday. We went to the zoo for the first time this weekend, he loves being outside...and can't wait for uncle Andy to take him on fun excursions. ILY IMY can't wait to see you. Take care. Pete

Anonymous said...

Good to see you posting, Drew. I worry if it's too long between posts.

I love your writing and appreciate hearing your thoughts. Thanks for sharing them ... they matter to me.

Be safe!

Bob

Anonymous said...

For your own sake, and that of the citizens of this country, write your congressman and tell them that we need two more years to teach the people of this country how to life free, and whatever you do, do not watch the news, they are only lying to you.


Hey Drew!!! I am reading your thoughts this morning and I am glad to see that we ARE doing something constructive there! THis makes me feel happier then what I see or read in the news. I hope all is well and I am not reading the papers anymore!!! I hope to see you soon :)

XOXOXOX
Melis