Sunday, September 24, 2006

tick, tock...

tired today-didnt sleep well last night, well, couldnt fall asleep. work was long today. I have decided to participate in the ramadan fast tomorrow, just to see what it is like to work a full day with nothing crossing my lips from sunrise to sunset. it should be interesting. that means no caffeine gum-its gonna be rough.
www.stayalertgum.com
100mg of zoom-zoom per piece. I am a little attached to it at the moment. I found it in Kuwait, and i have been chewing it ever since. of course, any gum that is accompanied by a sergeon generals warning is ok, right? besides, the Walter Reed Army Medical Research Center (WRAMRC) recommends it-and the army always has my best medical interests at heart anyway......i think (lets just forget about the whole anthrax vaccine lawsuit...).
happy surfing
From Q-west
Andrew

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our guide in Egypt, a youngish Moaslem, told us with agood deal of pride that he had first observed the Ramadan fasting when he was eight years old. It may be OK for one time or so, but a full day in summer is pretty tough. We were there in late March and it was warm (hot), and he got a little testy along towards evening, just before sunset. Our driver drank Cokes during the day and when I asked him about it he just shrugged his shoulders.

Love,

Grandfather & Mama Jay

I don't know why we are anonymous. I always have said it's better to be notorious than anonymous.

There is no "post comment" button, but a line that says "Login and Publish" so I'll click that

Anonymous said...

I've read some of the past comments. I'm not sure I can keep up with the fast crowd you are with.

Love,

Grandfather & Mama Jay