Saturday, June 25, 2005

Yesterday, September 11. 2001...

"Yesterday, December 7, 1941 -- a date which will live in infamy -- the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by the naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan. The United States was at peace with that Nation and, at the solicitation of Japan, was still in conversation with its Government and its Emperor looking toward the maintenance of peace in the Pacific." Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Why is it a date that will live in Infamy? Was it because of the actions of the Japanese? The betrayal? Or was it the actions of the average, everyday American?
"No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the American people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory. I believe that I interpret the will of the Congress and of the people when I assert that we will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost but will make it very certain that this form of treachery shall never again endanger us." FDR
The greatest fear of Admiral Yamamoto was that all he did was awake a sleeping giant. Indeed, we did see complete victory in the pacific, but also against the threat of the Nazi forces in Europe. Why? Superior technology? No...Superior resolve. The American people, the young men and women of the greatest generation, rose to the challenge of fighting a war on two fronts. Victory gardens were planted, steel was rationed, GM and Ford turned their assembly lines around in historic speed to produce, not automobiles, military vehicles with great speed. Rosie the riveter joined the working force, and produced the vehicles and munitions greatly needed by the soldiers in the Pacific and Europe. The economic powerhouse of America, disabled and disgraced by the Great Depression, once again reared its massive head and began working to victory. News organizations began to bring the stories of success and failure back to the people. However, their focus was not on the failure, which there were many to report, but on the success of the soldiers. Has our news organizations failed us? I don’t think failure is the right word, disappointed is more accurate. I have been in the cradle of civilization. I have been to Baghdad. Fox news-you disappoint me. Fair and balanced…Not from what I have seen. I expect more.

The Spirit of September 11, 2001, was that of teamwork, brotherhood, bipartisan cooperation. We drew together as a nation. One band, One sound. Then something happened. Casualties. The awful cost of war started to arrive in flag draped caskets. American blood was spilt on American soil, and the American ego demanded justice. Justice was delivered in the form of bombs. Afghanistan was pummeled by the USAF and the Taliban were displaced. Eyes turned south. Saddam Hussain is a criminal. Never should it be forgotten that he used chemical and biological weapons against the Iranians, and HIS OWN PEOPLE.
However, Americans continue to defend this animal. Regardless of whether he continues to posses WMD’s, he has used them. He must be brought to justice. He is a terrorist.

Never-Never forget what has happened. The Nazi’s MURDERED 6 million Jews. Stalin MURDERED 10 million Russians in the bloodiest coup in history.

MURDER IS NEVER OK. And as long as I have breath in my body I will bring criminals of terrorism to justice. The victims of September 11, 2001, and the soldiers who have sacrificed their lives for this country, in the war on terror and in other wars, deserve my sacrifice. SEAN PENN, DANNY GLOVER, BARBARA STREISAND you are traitors to America. In my opinion you should be shot. Soldiers have lost their lives so that you could piss on the flag. I hope I never run into you. I don’t know if I could contain my disgust. There were true patriots in the twin towers. There were true patriots aboard AA11. There were true patriots aboard UA175. There were true patriots that answered the call of their nation and joined the armed forces of the United States. Ironically, I have been unable to find a single true patriot in Hollywood. There are few patriots serving in our media. I walk through airports and I see people that I don’t know. They thank me for my sacrifice, but where is theirs? What have they done to serve? The military is not for everyone. But do you still fly your flag? Do you support the efforts of soldiers all over the world, serving to make America safe to walk the streets. Never forget what happened on September 11, 2001. America was changed forever. I hope you are willing to change with her.

Never forget the sacrifice of patriots.
Never forget the tragedy.
Never Forget.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My flag hangs high and I will be thinking of you and all of the others not only this fourth of July but everyday until the fight has been won and you are all home safe. I miss you and love you!

Kelly

Andy said...

I miss you too-thank you for not allowing the enemies of freedom to terrorize you.
AJ